BIM is expanding quickly within the construction industry worldwide. However, the masonry industry is not well represented. Therefore, there is a need to develop BIM tools for masonry to maintain market share. With that intent, an Initiative was formed in 2012 specifically to advance BIM for masonry.
The Initiative BIM-M (Building Information Modeling for Masonry) includes many sponsors with an Executive Committee of its primary funding sponsors listed alphabetically:
- Brick Industry Association (BIA)
- International Masonry Institute (IMI)
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (IUBAC)
- Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA)
- National Concrete Masonry Association (NCMA)
- The Masonry Society (TMS)
- Western States Clay Products Association (WSCPA)
Each download includes: the latest 2017 BIM Project Suite, Masonry Content Package version 2.0, and a how-to video for set up.